Tuesday, September 1, 2009

May death part us...

I don't like funerals, i find them really depressing, but the funeral i went to yesterday was something i must admire. A family memeber, my uncle's brother, died some time ago to a rare tissue eating disorder, and for the life of me i cant recall or even spell the thing. I never met the man, i did meet his kids more often, but him i never knew very well.

That hour of remembrance from family and friends was mind blowing, this man had touched so many lives in his past, so many people knew and respected him, looked up to him. He was an important person in everyone life who was there (some more than others)

I guess the real moral was how far his legacy has went, everyone there, be it family, friend, to even the doctors who treated him, were in sorrow, someone who had done so much, and trust me he did A LOT, deserved all this attention.

That to me is the goal in life, to create a following, to make yourself known and when your time comes, to be missed by those you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment