Sunday, November 15, 2009

Qualms of a Critic for Retial

Qualms...what does Qualms mean exactly...*dictionary* "a sudden feeling of apprehensive uneasiness; misgiving: a sudden qualm about the success of the venture." Well, whatever that means, it technically wasn't a misgiving, more along the lines of a totally unsatisfactory.

October 21/09 was when i dropped off my Xbox 360 at Gamerama, a good video game store with a wide selection of new and old games, systems and parts. I had spent many a days in high school traveling down to Younge and Eglington to check out what they had in store, at one point even selling Warhammer stuff. I had always went down to them because of the great staff, assortments and even their ability to repair any damaged system within a few days (a week at most). Sadly...that isn't the case, over the years I've become quite upset with Gamerama, the last time i had went to give in my damaged PS2 for them to fix, I was told by the staff "Why not just by a new one?" Okay...here's the deal, my PS2, which has lasted for 10 years now, has only broken once, after its first 5 years, and this was the second time it has. What does that say? It says that i take good care of my stuff. So, i go in to get it fixed, and it costs me 35.00 bucks. Right off the back the guy says "Why not buy a new one...only 20 bucks more" I couldn't help but say "why would i buy a new one...when i can get mine repaired for cheaper?" I felt quite...upset, and thats not even half of it. The guy told me it would take a few days to fix, since it was only the laser needing to be cleaned, but it took not one...but three weeks to fix.

Anyway, thats off topic, suffice to say I got it back and paid, but now this new issue has got me boiling at the brim. As i said before, i dropped off my Xbox 360 on October 21/09 to get repaired...it is now November 15...almost 4 weeks AFTER i had dropped it off, it still hasn't been fixed. I went down last Friday to see if i could check up, you know maybe it was done because they usually are suppose to call when it is. Apparently, the staff didn't know or even have a clue were my system was. Telling me "Oh the guy who does it isn't in, call on Sunday." So...I'm pissed, I'm bloody pissed because i dropped it off awhile ago, I wanted it for this weekend and it turns out that nothing has been done...least to my knowledge, and i have a bunch of useless staffers who cant even help me, I left a very upset man after that.

Anyway...I called on Sunday (today) and talked with the Manager of the store, I learned that it was only him who had done the repairs for most of the systems, and it turns out, my motherboard for the Xbox had been fried. They had sent it to Microsoft to get repaired and wouldn't charge me extra, the problem was, they were suppose to call and say that, but no one ever did. The manager apologized, and said he'd give me a call Monday and have it done, he also told me to call before hand when i go to the store and i can get a discount on something. The only REAL thing of value I'd ask for a discount would be for a copy of CoD Modern Warfare 2 for the Xbox, and nothing more. I don't want a used game, don't want an old game, i want that game...and thats final.

Don't get me wrong though, the manager really showed passion for his job, he loves technology and hearing how much he does for his company its quite spectacular to see him still at it. Still, there is no excuse for what has happen, to be honest there should be at least 2 or 3 people who would know as much as he knows and to keep people in line when there is a lot of customers so issues like this cant happen again...maybe ill offer myself up to him, i could use a job...

No comments:

Post a Comment